At Uffculme Primary School we place great emphasis on knowing children as individuals and identifying their individual needs. We provide a safe and happy environment in which all children can reach their full potential.
Our experienced, committed and dedicated team of teachers and support staff continually strive to provide the best quality of teaching and care to all our pupils so that each one can thrive and reach their full potential. We aim to deliver a creative and challenging curriculum across the whole school through a thematic approach with many enrichment activities.
We expect every child to work to their best ability in all aspects of their school life and to contribute to the life of the school and the communities we are part of. We believe in building links with our local community and beyond to help our children make sense of the world today and find their place in tomorrow’s world.
Our key aims are to be a school where:
- Every child feels happy and safe
- Every child is engaged in their learning and achieves well
- Every child is proud of what they have achieved because they know they have given their best
- Every lesson is challenging and inspiring with rich and exciting learning opportunities
- Every child acquires the skills needed not only to be a successful and independent lifelong learner, but also to be a confident and responsible citizen
- Every member of our school community feels valued and respected
- Every pupil values their community and plays an active part in it
We will deliver this through:
- Nurturing relationships and effective partnerships
- By placing English at the heart of our curriculum
- Ensuring leadership accountability and teacher responsibility
- Providing learning opportunities relevant to the needs of every child
- Effective monitoring and assessment
- A cohesive and consistent approach towards all aspects of learning
Mr Fraser Wallace